GENERAL PROGRAM DETAILS:
• Open to motivated and independent undergraduate or graduate students, or those in between programs or who have just completed their studies.
• Fellows will be matched based on their interests, as well as the needs of the project office. Placements will vary from projects focused on health and nutrition to basic education to social marketing – the full range of international development activity.
• Placements are typically a minimum of one academic quarter and maximum of one academic year. Summer placements are encouraged and available.
• Participants are responsible for their own expenses, including an AED program fee based on the length of the specific placement.
• AED support includes placement, pre-program support, pre-departure orientation, as well as safety and emergency support throughout the program. Additional assistance in support of students requiring academic credit from their U.S. home institution is also available.
HOW THE PARTICIPANTS BENEFIT FROM THE PROGRAM:
• Gain firsthand experience as a professional member of a development project team
• Earn academic credit and/or fulfill service learning degree requirements
• Do something extraordinary in a challenging environment
• Contribute directly to resolving critical social problems in a global context
• Acquire professional experience and become more competitive in the job market
Click for the Introduction to the AED Development Fellows Application, and to download an AED Development Fellows Application Form.