The Center For Academic Partnerships
The AED Center for Academic Partnerships (CAP) provides professional development and academic opportunities that help students and professionals establish lasting relationships and make new contributions to the development of their societies. With a focus on international collaborations and linkages, CAP’s innovative programs aim to help participants become creative thinkers with global perspectives.
CAP programs exemplify AED’s commitment to creating enriching and innovative solutions to critical social and economic problems. For CAP this means providing students, scholars, and civil society leaders with opportunities to reach their full potential through participation in programs that expand their access to knowledge and develop sustainable linkages that transcend national borders.
Our Expertise Includes:
- Educational advising, including university placement recommendations, preparation of admissions materials, and consultation in final school selection
- Individual student monitoring, support, and resolution of academic, language, cross-cultural, health, and other issues
- Enrichment and enhancement of academic study programs through internship placements, community service, and campus activities
- Recruitment of academic experts for merit review of scholarship applications and grant proposals
- Design and delivery of English courses, ESL teacher training programs, and development of English language resources and academic skill centers
- Alumni tracking and program development
- New media, Web site, and database design
- Conference and workshop design and implementation
Six Focus Areas:
Training and Resources for English Education
Design and deliver learner-centered English language programming to improve language skills, as well as learner-centered teacher training workshops and development of academic skill centers.
Academic Exchange and Youth Leadership
Administer theme-based academic study combined with cultural exposure, English language training, leadership training, and opportunities for professional development.
University Student Advising and Development
Place, advise and monitor foreign students at all levels from ESL and foundation year programs to undergraduate and graduate studies, including enrichment programs to promote personal and professional growth.
Civil Society and Media Training Exchange Programs
Build participants’ capacity through technical skills training, international network-building, and third-county immersion experiences that will in turn enhance their organizations’ capacity and program activities upon their
Fulbright Teacher Programs
Manage Fulbright teacher programs in coordination with Fulbright Commissions, ministries of education, and the U.S. Department of State to provide professional development opportunities, as well as deepen mutual understanding among U.S. and international teachers, administrators, and their schools.
University Partnership Programs
Build long-term, bilateral partnerships and mutual understanding through short-term, faculty, and staff exchanges, online and jointly taught courses, video conferencing, educational advising workshops and other person-to-person interactions.
CAP currently works on these projects:
- AED Education Abroad
- KAUST Gifted Students Program
- KAUST Learning Center
- Fulbright Teacher Exchange and Distinguished Scholar Program
- Iraq Higher Education Advising
- NGO Connections II
- Media Tools for Change
- Training the Trainers Initiative
- University of Baghdad ESL Initiative I & II
- University Linkages Program
- U.S Institutes for Student Leaders
- Iraqi Young Leaders Exchange Program